Friday, January 19, 2018

UPDATE

In recent weeks my blog has been silent more often than not. I'm not quite ready to close down officially because the urge to say my piece might still take over from time to time. The problem is essentially technical, the intrusion of old age on my ability to read and type comfortably. I'm essentially pretty able and well for 96+. But macular degeneration has progressed to the point where I can no longer read a newspaper or book effectively. I still do a lot of reading by magnifying text on the iPad (books) and Mac (news and email), Anyway, as most people my age discover, seriously diminished eyesight and hearing is a life changing experience. 

Right now, with this note, I'm experimenting using the dictation program on my computer. It's amazingly good, but far from ideal. Some of the mistakes are good for a laugh: for example, my first try at the phrase “good for a laugh” came out “our grapefruit left”. 

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps it is time to convert the blog into an audio podcast…I'm available to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leon, your words - whether in writing or by voice, in your blog or on the phone - are always SO welcome by me and Susan. And I know, by many more. Keep it up, whenever you have something to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the info on this web site, you have done great job on the posts.

    ReplyDelete