Thursday, June 29, 2017

YOUTUBE INTERVIEWS

It's been a while since I added a new post. I don't have a satisfying explanation either for myself or anyone who may have taken notice. I should assure my friends that I'm still alive and in reasonably good shape, though increasingly aware of how very old it is to be 95+. Despite the slowdown in new posts, I am not one iota less committed to RESISTANCE . I suppose I feel less of an urge to find something new to say amid every day's mounting noise and speculation. So I contribute to campaigns and causes beyond anything I can remember,  and I take part with neighbors and other seniors in keeping up with the news and sharing views on current events.

During the last several months, I've been interviewed for the Berkeley Historical Society about reminiscences and reflections on the American Communist movement during the last century. I was associated with Marxist youth organizations from childhood, was National Chair of the Labor Youth during the McCarthy witch hunt years and until shortly before I left the Party in 1956.

I was reluctant to spend so much time on "long ago" in the midst of today's all-consuming crisis of American democracy. I was pushed and persuaded by the two historians who did the interviewing, Jeanine Castello and Tonya Staros. The three-part interview is on YouTube and can be accessed by entering my name. If you find the time, please see the parts in correct order: I, II, and III.

Certainly this history is controversial. For me, there are many questions that remain, some that didn't find their way into the interviews, but that I am still trying hard to understand.

Anyway, if you do take the plunge, I'd love to hear your opinions. Please write to me: lwofsy@berkeley.edu

2 comments:

  1. You're so interesting! I do not think I've read through something like that
    before. So wonderful to discover somebody with a few unique thoughts on this topic.
    Really.. thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is needed
    on the web, someone with a little originality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites
    I stumbleupon everyday. It will always be interesting to read articles from other writers and practice a little something from other sites.

    ReplyDelete